About the job
Install, service, or repair automatic door mechanisms and hydraulic doors. Includes garage door mechanics.
What you'll do
- Bore or cut holes in flooring as required for installation, using hand or power tools.
- Clean door closer parts, using caustic soda, rotary brushes, or grinding wheels.
- Cover treadles with carpeting or other floor covering materials and test systems by operating treadles.
- Fabricate replacements for worn or broken parts, using welders, lathes, drill presses, or shaping or milling machines.
- Install dock seals, bumpers, or shelters.
- Lubricate door closer oil chambers and pack spindles with leather washers.
- Operate lifts, winches, or chain falls to move heavy curtain doors.
- Order replacement springs, sections, or slats.
- Set in and secure floor treadles for door activating mechanisms; then connect power packs and electrical panelboards to treadles.
- Study blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine appropriate methods of installing or repairing automated door openers.
Things you need to know
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Abilities you'll need to have
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.