The Construction Education Foundation of Alabama (CEFA) has special summer training scholarships available to assist people interested in working in the following fields:
The application process is simple, but all applicants MUST apply in person. For questions, or to learn more about whether this opportunity is right for you, please contact Byron McCain or call 205-956-0146.
- If you send an email include CEFA Trade Scholarship in the subject line. Please also provide the following information:
- When and where did you graduate from high school? If you have a GED, when did you earn your GED?
- Employment status: unemployed, working part time, or employed full time.
CEFA accepts applications during normal office hours, at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m Monday through Friday. To make special arrangements, or with any questions, please call 205-956-0146.
Address: 6700 Oporto Madrid Blvd. Birmingham, AL 35206
To complete an application, you will need a copy of the following:
- Essay asking for a scholarship High School Diploma or GED**
- Birth Certificate Social Security Card
- DD 214 if a veteran Driver’s License
**Essay should be 750 to 1,000 words, and address the following topics:
- Why do you want to be in the trade you have selected?
- Do you have any experience working in the skilled trades? Be sure to mention if you have done any work for a contractor of any type.
- List all student recognition you have received while in high school, or other organizations. Include: Club participation / leadership, special projects and school related activities.
- Do you have family members in the trade?
- Address in specific terms why you need financial assistance to participate in training.
- Include two references with contact information (name, phone number and email address if they have one) who CEFA can contact for a recommendation.