About the job
Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect
What you'll do
- Analyze technical implications of architect's design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Build landscape, architectural and display models.
- Calculate heat loss and gain of buildings and structures to determine required equipment specifications, following standard procedures.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to lists of materials.
- Create freehand drawings and lettering to accompany drawings.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials
- Prepare colored drawings of landscape and interior designs for presentation to client.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's supervision.
- Represent architect on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under architect's supervision.
- Reproduce drawings on copy machines or trace copies of plans and drawings using transparent paper or cloth, ink, pencil, and standard drafting instruments.
Things you need to know
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Abilities you'll need to have
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.