CEFA Extends Scholarship Opportunities Until Sept. 30
Due to an outpouring of interest and community support, the Construction Education Foundation of Alabama (CEFA) has extended their recent scholarship application deadline until Wednesday, September 30th.
Originally scheduled for September 9th, CEFA organizers decided unanimously to open the giveaway process through the end of the month, and will be accepting applications for ONE (1) additional FULL training scholarship, and TWO (2) additional HALF training scholarships in the following fields:
Scholarships are open to men and women of all ages, and are for classes beginning October 19th. Each class is valued at $3,800.
To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Complete a training application in person (click here for directions to CEFA).
Turn in your application between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Bring a copy of the following documentation:
- Essay requesting why you should receive a scholarship**
- High School Diploma or GED
- Birth Certificate Social Security Card
- DD 214 if a veteran Driver’s License
- TWO (2) personal recommendations (Include: name, phone # and email address, if they have one)
** Essay: Submit a 750 to 1,000 word essay. Points to include in your essay are:
- Why you want to be in the trade you have selected.
- Why you need financial assistance to participate in training.
- Do you have any experience working in the trades? Be sure to mention if you have done any work for a contractor of any type.
- List all student recognition you received while in high school, such as: club participation, leadership roles, special projects, and school related activities.
- Do you have family members who work in the skilled trades?
- Address in specific terms why you need financial assistance to participate in training.
If you have any questions, or are interested in this opportunity to earn up to $3,800 in free tuition, please call 205-956-0146, or email Byron McCain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on Scholarships for High School Seniors (Click Here)
Information on Scholarships for Adult Training Programs (Click Here)
Special Grant program for Youth 18-24 (Click Here)