Available in Electrical, HVAC, Pipefitting & Carpentry Until September 9th
The Construction Education Foundation of Alabama (CEFA) is providing up to eight (8) Trade Training Scholarships for classes in:
Scholarships are open to men and women of all ages, and are for classes beginning October 19th. Each class is valued at $3,800.
Four (4) of the scholarships are for FULL TUITION, and the other four (4) will provide a FIFTY PRECENT discount on tuition and enrollment costs.
In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria by September 9th:
- Complete a training application in person (click here for directions to CEFA).
- Turn in your application between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Bring a copy of the following documentation:
- Essay requesting why you should receive a scholarship**
- High School Diploma or GED
- Birth Certificate Social Security Card
- DD 214 if a veteran Driver’s License
** Essay: Submit a 750 to 1,000 word essay. Points to include in your essay are:
- Why you want to be in the trade you have selected.
- Why you need financial assistance to participate in training.
- Do you have any experience working in the trades? Be sure to mention if you have done any work for a contractor of any type.
- List all student recognition you have received while in high school, such as: club participation, leadership roles, special projects, and school related activities.
- Do you have family members who work in the trade?
- Address in specific terms why you need financial assistance to participate in training.
- You need to include two personal recommendations. Include: name, phone number and email address, if they have one.
If you have any questions, or are interested in this opportunity to earn up to $3,800 in free tuition, please call 205-956-0146, or email Byron McCain at firstname.lastname@example.org.